I don't recall doing window scrapers on a W124, but on the W123 and W126 the
outer scraper is clipped to the outer window sill moulding.  The scraper itself
can be pulled up and out of the clip on both the inside and outside. The clips
are very, very strong, and you might find yourself pulling the trim up with it,
as the clip is clipped to the trim as well.

I liked pulling the trim off, as it allowed me to clean underneath, which is
usually horribly messy.

The inner scraper was similarly clipped on to the inner door panel, which you
don't have to remove.

Another reason why I liked pulling the trim and inner door panel to do this is
that on some occasions you would push the clips down and out of reach when
attempting to install the new scraper.

Where did you end up getting your window scrapers?

Dan

Sent from my iPad