Yes, but do it carefully so that you don't bent it. If you do, it could end up
with a "curl" in it that makes it tough to get fully seated again.

I highly recommend the use of plastic body filler spreaders/scrapers to get
under this sort of thing to pry it up. You won't damage the paint that way, and
with them inserted underneath the trim, if you need more leverage you can use a
metal tool on top of the plastic scraper, if that makes sense.

On the chassis' mentioned previously, I always started from the back edge
(strike side) of the door, as the trim was widest and strongest there. This
made it less likely to bend or distort while pulling up on the trim piece.

Dan

Sent from my iPad