I think you need to buy a manual and share it with him.

RB

On 09/07/2015 5:10 PM, Ralph Robertson via Mercedes wrote:
He called me and said that the front pump was leaking but he did not know
how much of a job it would be to replace.  He was going to do some research
and see what was involved.  I said I would check with the discussion group
and see if I could get any help for him.  He didn't seem to know how the
pump could be removed.

Thanks.
Ralph

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Its a transmission, it shouldn't be any harder than working on any other
transmission. When I first got into MB's back in 2002 I was convinced they
were some kind of magic. Untrue, they're just cars and work like other
cars. Higher quality parts produced (originally anyway) to a higher
standard) but just cars.
-Curt
       From: Ralph Robertson via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Ralph Robertson <rare...@gmail.com>
  Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:57 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300 SDL Front Transmssion Pump leaking

I did misunderstand the comment, sorry about that.  I don't have mercedes
mechanics in my area, and the M.B. dealer has told me that their staff are
younger then my car, so that about did it for me with the M.B. dealer doing
my work.  I have found a Volvo mechanic that does a good job for me but he
isn't an M.B. expert, by no means, but he does his best.  I work with what
I have available here.  When I am in Florida for the winter months, I have
lots of M.B. talent available, but not here in N.B. Canada.
My mechanic here is researching what is involved with replacing the seal
for this front pump in the transmission, so any advice would help.  I know
the M.B. transmissions are complicated and I am trying to assist him in
this job.
Thanks for any help.
Ralph

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <