My neighbor gave me a fairly nice 10 year old john Deere made Scott mower that is a fairly heavy duty model with 54" deck, took care of my need to buy a new mower. It was using about a quart of oil an hour. It has a Kohler command engine and quick search turns up it had bad head gasket or 2. I ordered the head gasket set a while back and tore it down today. The right side was leaking/burning for sure. Left side was not. Everything was going nice and smooth until I was using torque wrench on last head nut on the 2nd head and snap, damn head stud snapped. I don't know if I had the torque wrench set wrong, or what. I did pull the head back off and there is these metal collars on the base of the studs in that side of the head that sort of hold the gasket in a certain position. They were somewhat bent so I'm not sure if it was tightened too much bent them, or if the head was not down over them all the way or what. I think bottom line I must not have had the torque set right. I ordered a stud extractor and new stud but it will be next week before it shows up.

Always something.

Sent from my MB Yunker Phone

"Don't look a gift...."


To search list archives

To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:

Reply via email to