ATTABOY and ATTAGIRL!

BTW, I never found that many blown fuses and never had much problem in MBs I twist em around sometimes if I think there may be a problem, but I've never replaced good fuses for the fun of it. A small way I differed from our beloved Herr Doktor. His climate in PA must have been different than mine.

On the 56 Karmann GHia, I had fuse problems. That is where I learned to twist em. Those were exposed under the hood. MB fuses in a nice tight fusebox hold up well.

CURIOSITY:

Did MB ever stop using "German" (DIN?) fuses in favor of the 'merkun type?

SWMBO came in from short trip in the '87 300D, leaned over back of chair in cool living room where I was napping and announced, "Blown fuse in the car. I was driving along with air conditioning blasting away nicely, and it just quit. Don't ya think it's a blown fuse?" I replied, "Yep; sure hope that's all it is." 'Hobbled out to car thinking 30 amp blower fuse had blown. Loosened the two mounting screws thinking the fuse would fall apart as I removed it, but it did not. Checked fuses in fuse box; 'found #7 (for compressor and coupla other things) blown. Because of my shaky hands, called SWMBO to help me put blower fuse back in place and R&R #7. A/C blowing ice cold again.

BTW, I did NOT change ALL the fuses.  ;<)

Wilton