They were? Of all the VWs I had I seem to recall a little plastic cover that
went over them. There were like 8-10 in a row, and a cover the size of a candy
bar that snapped over them...

MB went to blade type fuses in the facelift on W140 chassis cars between 95 and
96. Don't know about other models. They also have a heck of a lot of them now,
too. My W220 has three fuse boxes! The W140s have two, one in front, one in
back.

Dan

Sent from my iPad