I had a similar problem on the 300Sd that the hood would not latch down on one side. Thought something in there was buggered or out of adjustment or whatever. Took things apart, adjusted, etc. to no avail. finally sprayed lot of PB on the latch, the cable, and anything else that did/didn't move, and finally it was working fine. I guess it was just hanging up. Might be a similar issue with this situation.

--R