Wilton,

I know that pulling the KLIMA relay will disable the AC compressor, that is
located right behind the battery and fairly easy to get to, but may be pretty
tight in the socket.  A firm grip and gentle working while pulling up should
free it.  I don't know if a failing push-button unit would still blow the fuse
if the KLIMA relay were removed.

Pulling the plug on the top of the compressor would definitely isolate it, but
that would also remove the compressor speed signal, which means the KLIMA relay
would interrupt the power to the compressor clutch.

A common cause of trouble in the AC compressor controls is a failing clutch
that draws too much current.  I'll have to search for a bit to find the normal
amperage.  I'd measure that current next if I were you, or is the test a
resistance test?  Need to start digging...
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC