On the subject of the AC compressor clutch coil, I would inspect the wiring to
it very carefully, as it can come loose from the tie wrap that secures it to
the compressor, "lean" out somewhat, allowing it to rub against the back of the
compressor pulley, which grounds it out and eventually cuts through it.

I say this as I found just that condition on my oldest son's former 300E.

Dan

Sent from my iPad