You need a wood-fired steam engine

--R

On 7/17/15 1:13 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Lister is (or at least was) the gold standard for stationary engines. There are
many reports of engines that have been in use for years or even decades,
chugging along pumping water or making power or whatever...
I'd love to find a Lister or a listeroid clone to build a generator head to for
use at camp. I'd build a little shed for it with a concrete pad and a big
muffler.
-Curt
       From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
  Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:46 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] Chevrolet Colorado Diesel Promises Best-in-Class Towing,
Torque
Deutz has made over the road engines for decades. Much of the truck rolling stock in the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa was powered by Deutz engines in the latter half of the last century.

Now Lister I don't know about, as those I only dealt with as stationary
engines. Maybe one of the members more familiar with the Brits would know the
answer.

Dan

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 17, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>