WOW! Cool car.  I have always liked the old 250's. My first Mercedes was
a 1971 250.  Mine had the 2.8 motor (I don't know the code) I think
halfway through the model year they switched over.  It was a great car
over 400,000 miles when it finally crapped out.   I had sold it to a
friend and he drove it for 3-4 years.   He was on the highway and
something happened (I am guessing oil pump died suddenly). He said he
heard something lost all oil pressure and before he could get it shut
it, the engine was toast.

I loved that car. Mine was bright red, white/ivory interior.  I always
liked the looks of the coupes.  What year is this one?