What's the story with XP these days? Does it still have to phone home to get a code to run?

--R

On 7/17/15 11:41 PM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
archer75--- wrote:

Windows 10: You'll get UPDATES LIKE IT or NOT – unless you
have Enterprise Edition 'You agree to receive automatic
updates without notice'
That does it. I'm looking for another OS.
Put it behind a firewall, then block access to all MS hosts. *evil grin*

Never the less, I agree.  I think I should _own_ my system,
not "use in on loan from Microsoft".

I'm still able to use XP for all the things that require
MSWin, but I think I see the day approaching where I'll have
to upgrade.  Win7, I guess...