From: "Richard McGinnis" <signi...@earthlink.net>
To: merce...@mercedeslist.com
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 1:38:02 PM
Subject: [MB] do fuel filters ever fail out of the box or have a shelf life?

Hi,

Just finished replacing the fuel pump on our 1987 190E. While things are
better, they still aren't right. The car won't idle but will run around
1500 rpm+.

Since this whole thing started when I replaced the fuel filter, I was
wondering if they are ever bad or if they have a shelf life. The one I
used was a Bosch that I think is 2-3 years old.

Thanks,
Richard