On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 14:48:36 -0400 archer75--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:46:57 -0600
> Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Garmin no longer supports XP with their map update application, so I
> > got a Win 7 Home Premium DVD from an eBay seller to load on the
> > Windows partitions of our Dell Inspiron 600m (anemic, outdated,
> > obsolete, whatever) laptop.
> >

> > Craig
> >

> Hey Craig,
> What's the name of the Linux distro you use? I wrote it down when you
> gave it to me, but haven't been able to find it. Thanks,
> Gerry

CentOS, the Community Enterprise Operating System, https://www.centos.org/

It's based on the open source files for Red Hat's Enterprise Linux
(https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/enterprise-linux),
but is without charge instead of $349.

Craig

P.S. I'm running CentOS 5.11 on our laptop because it lacks the PAE (I
     think) BIOS features and won't boot standard CentOS 6 or 7. (I know
     there are ways around this, but I haven't explored them.)