I figured. M$FT abandons a product but still makes it have to get approval to be used. Makes perfect $en$e.

--R

On 7/18/15 7:04 PM, rawil...@eatel.net via Mercedes wrote:
Yes

Sent from my Android-Powered Device

----- Reply message -----
From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Subject: [MBZ] Win 10 owns your computer
Date: Sat, Jul 18, 2015 10:13

What's the story with XP these days?  Does it still have to phone home
to get a code to run?

--R

On 7/17/15 11:41 PM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
archer75--- wrote:

Windows 10: You'll get UPDATES LIKE IT or NOT – unless you
have Enterprise Edition 'You agree to receive automatic
updates without notice'
That does it. I'm looking for another OS.
Put it behind a firewall, then block access to all MS hosts. *evil grin*

Never the less, I agree.  I think I should _own_ my system,
not "use in on loan from Microsoft".

I'm still able to use XP for all the things that require
MSWin, but I think I see the day approaching where I'll have
to upgrade.  Win7, I guess...