      From: Darren Marshall via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Darren Marshall <dar...@doejo.com>; Max Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 11:14 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] W124 Hood Release will not work

77 240d, not sure if it's the same mechanism... but the way you describe it
sounds the same.

There is a slightly hooked spring loaded latch that attaches to the handle.
Release the hood lever thing from inside, then wrap the wire around the
latch and pull forward the same way you would pull the handle.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Max Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Darren, which car?  Does hood latch mean the handle that pops out of the
> grill after the inside hood release is pulled?
>
> Running a piece of wire around the base of the lever may allow Larry to
> release the hood by pulling the wire toward the passenger side of the car.
> --
> Max Dillon
> Charleston SC
> '87 300TD
> '95 E300
>
> On July 19, 2015 2:57:00 PM EDT, Darren Marshall via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >Once macgyvered some wire around the hood latch through the grill
> >insert after busting the latch pull. Or maybe I pryed with a long
> >screwdriver. Whatever. It was possible to do without damaging/removing
> >anything.
> >
> >Darren

*Darren Marshall, Co Founder*
dar...@doejo.com | 773 348 1227 | 3128 N Broadway, Chicago

 *We fuel ideas that grow. *Doejo is an award-winning design firm, helping
organizations innovate, build products, services, spaces, and experiences.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This
disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are