Rick,

Will do. I'm only just starting on the project, first baby steps, so the
punch list will grow exponentially as I do triage tear down.

I suspect finding OEM rubber bits will be a true challenge, as well as
things like new factory tail lights and trim bits, so I'm starting early to
source such things.

At the moment, I lean towards doing a build blog site, which hopefully a
computer literate friend will set up and run, just to keep a running
commentary and parts source list for the build. I'll advise you if that
gets up and running.
My thought is it would be a handy place to house progress pictures, etc..

Owning a fully restored Coupe has been on my Mercedes bucket list for
years. Found this one here in AZ which has been lovingly owned and is body
perfect, so it's the right candidate to become "The Coupe".