Thanks Dwight and thanks Manfred.

I'll be asking more specific parts source questions, I'm sure as I get into
the tear down phase and identify a parts needed li$t.

I agree that IMHO, the 123 Coupe is at the top of the elegant styling of MB
list.
It strongly influenced my desire to own one that is restored to as near
perfection as possible. Besides... it will "complete the set".. haha..

Basic rule of thumb for restoration car cost is Original List Price
multiplied by the age, in decades... ie.. $20,000 X 3 [30 yrs.] ,, so ..
yes.. "Nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes" does fit.