'Been my thoughts on the subject, too, for more than 60 years.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - UNC-CH integrity & ethics

As far as I'm concerned athletics has no place in college beyond the intramural level. The idea of college sports as quasi professional is completely at odds with the real job of college which is education. As long as there is money to be made in college sports there will be abuse of the system. At best its a distraction and worst it turns college into a total sham and makes a degree worthless.
-Curt