Hi Gang -
I have tried all your suggestions and a few of my own to get the hood to pop up so I can open it. I bought a used Grill Shell w/Insert so I can break up the original one and hopefully get the hood latch to release.

There's a pair of fans for the AC condenser but it looks like there's enough room to work with.

So i am wondering if there's any creative ways to break open the grill element? I think I can get the chrome surround off once the insert is opened up and then will have enough room to reach the latch & release it.

Thanks -
LarryT
91 300D