Craig,

1.  Windows Update: Short: type "windows update" in the dialogue box that
opens just above the start button, after you click the start button.  Long:
you should have a "Control Panel" option on the menu when you click on the
"Start" button (which is the Windows symbol, round and in bottom left
corner).  Select the Control Panel, look for a choice that includes Windows
Update.

5.  In my research I read "on the internet", if the Win7 install does not
have a driver that works, you should be able to install the driver from the
OE CD and it probably will work and won't break anything.  Try it now while
breaking it and reloading Win7 is still relatively painless.