-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Potter, Tom E
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:08 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D Belt Problem

It depends (don't you love that phrase). However, it does depend on a
lot of things. Assuming belts are properly installed, the environment
will be the major factor in the life span. Here in Houston (and I
suspect other major metropolitan areas), the ozone wrecks havoc on
rubber parts. Belts usually last me 1-2 years maximum (I change them
when I see them start cracking). Hoses are a bit longer, but wiper
blades last me less than a year.

Tom Potter