Folks,

I few weeks ago dragged a letterpress down to our place on tybee island and cleaned it up and printed a few business cards on it. Some kids called me from St Augustine Beach and were looking for a press. I told them to come see me on Tybee. They drove up to Tybee and tested the machine out. They wanted it.

So, Friday i loaded the 1000 pound machine on my trailer, filled up with WVO and headed for florida. I left tybee about 2.30 pm and ran about 70 mph down I-95 in the on and off rain with the AC ice cold. I love that R12. The last hour or so was a downpour! After a couple of stops, i reached St Augustine Beach about 7 pm. We unloaded and installed the press and i was paid and was out of there by 9 pm. I grabbed a pizza and left St Augustine about 9.30 pm and was back in Savannah by 12.30 pm Š.i ran 70 to 75 on the return trip, some rain and full AC.

It was a VERY eventful trip of about 195 miles each way according to google. The car performed perfectly.

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins

www.javaphoto.com
www.javacycles.com
LETTERPRESSES FOR SALE
www.ricktheprinter.com
www.letterpressmachinery.com

Had someone honk at me friday and ask what year my 81 240D is. I guess that was some form of appreciation for the ol car and people who keep em goin, even if they ain't purdy.

Waytago! to Rick for keepin' em running. Bob Fiske, and Wray Sloan are proud of you fer keepin the ol presses going.