My $0.02 is the E300  you already own.

The newer Benz are crap.  I am ashamed to say that I was heading to my S430 in
a parking lot and tried to get into a Kia sedan.  The look and everything just
screams cheap korean car.  The W210 is junk, and the W211 is not going to be
less plastic and kruft than the W220.  I was getting 36mpg highway in the W124.
 I doubt the newer diesels get anywhere near that distance

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers