True.

That could very well be the case, but without getting the whole assembly out or
at least being able to access it, I can't tell.

The release cable is buried in the pedal assembly somehow, and even requires a
special tool to remove and install it. There are two bolts that hold the whole
thing in place, but without removing the plastic cover that surrounds the whole
pedal assembly you can't get to the top bolt.

Dan

Sent from my iPad