Unfortunately I think tire quality can vary significantly between sizes, as
well as manufacturer date, so (insert brand name here) tires with the same
model name can perform at opposite ends of the quality spectrum, if they are
different sizes, made on different days, made by different plants, etc.

User reviews should be highly discounted as biased to either extreme, in my
opinion.

Another complication: makers stop offering a particular model before you can
buy replacement tires, because the first set lasts so long!

In the end, I think buying tires is like rolling the dice.  I try to pay a low
price, but each set needs to be judged on its merits.

I do agree that Michelin tires tend to have higher quality and last longer, but
in my experience they become too slick and noisy long before the tread is worn
out, and I value traction above all else, followed by noise.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC