The sam/costco/wallmert tires are never as good as the real thing. The tire company has no warranty for these. the seller uses their warranty to keep you coming back.

I am sure the tire co puts the apprentice tire builders on the box stor tires, and the best tire builders on the OE tires, and some of each on the "brand" tires.

I think cooper may be better because they don't sell OE tires, so the best tires go into the retail market. Time will tell.

Another thing to consider is if the tire is a big box store "rebrand" of a tire, like a Michelin or Goodrich. I never had issues with bad belts in tires until I bought brand name tires from a big box retailer.