On Tuesday, January 31, 2006, at 04:43 PM, Allan Streib wrote:

Anyone know of a writeup on guide rod replacement (hope I have the
right term.  I'm refering to the rod that extends from the lower
firewall area to somewhere near the lower front shock absorber

It will be in section 33 of 123 manual. They call it a brake support aka track rod. Pretty straight forward. It would be a good idea to count the turns when removing the tube from the support and put it back the same way. Get a bushing kit for the front and a support/bearing/mount whatever you want to call it. You'll have to rassle the control arm around to get the bolts back in. Removing the springs may facilitate this. Plan on getting an alignment too. How's the rest of your front end?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am

Reply via email to