I have one of those units and it works fairly well. It is a bit sticky on the reversing lever and requires a little finesse. Probably needs to be cleaned and lubed too. Don't use it much but it is there when we need it.
I think the last use was to remove a small block Chevy engien from a boat.
I also have a similar unit with normal chain links rather than the roller chain. That one is here at home and the roller chain unit is in the garage at the lake. I inherited both as my father was always working on something and accumulated a lot of this sort of thing. I think there is also a chain block setup hanging in the garage and a big rope block and tackle setup as well.

My experience with the ATF and Acetone is that they separate out. It was difficult to keep them mixed together.
Is that common or was there some issue with my ingredients?

RB