> Randy wrote:
>
> My experience with the ATF and Acetone is that they
> separate out. It was difficult to keep them mixed together.
> Is that common or was there some issue with my ingredients?

I don't know.  I'm agitating the bucket a couple times a day
to keep stuff mixed.  I have done very little with
transmission fluid and acetone.  I usually use Kroil - but I
didn't want to use a gallon to allow the chain to soak.  I
figured just transmission fluid would do what I needed and
put the acetone in just to help it out.  It's probably all
evaporated by now anyway - the closed bucket isn't _that_
air tight.