On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:08:05 -0400 Tim Crone via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2015 2:26 PM, "Craig via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Now I just need to how to activate my installation of Win7.
>
> Windows will try to activate over the internet with the key you gave for
> install, if it wasn't installed on that machine before.

I knew our laptop would be booted on Windows only little, so I told it
during installation that I would do it manually later.

> You should not have to enable any special services.

Good.

> If you open properties on "my computer" it will say whether the system
> is activated.  I don't think there's a persistent affirmative message.

I did open the properties of "computer" and found a message that it
wasn't activated, but there was also a link to activate it. I clicked on
the link and it asked if I wanted to activate it on-line now or later, I
clicked "now" and it started the process. About 15 seconds later, it said
the system was activated and was genuine Windows.

Thanks for the help!

Craig