Mary Edith Reiff hammered that Latin into me, made me read the Virge in Latina, and that is where I remember it from. The Romans and the Greeks often had different views on godly and underworldly matters, and various other subjects, and it continues even now.

--R (got my coins ready to put in my eyes)

On 7/30/15 11:35 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Wikipedia says both...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_(mythology)

-Curt
       From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
  Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:19 AM
  Subject: [MBZ] [ SPAM ] Re: [ SPAM ] Re: This is funny
Uh, Charon ferried people across Acheron, not Styx, I believe.

Dan not quite down to the 5th Circle

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 30, 2015, at 10:48 AM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

I do that with my guide named Charon

--R

On 7/30/15 10:39 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
He did this stuff by getting dropped off in the Styx and left to hunt and track
the animals for several days. Rarely used a guide, so I was told. At least he
was sporting about it.