So I have this watermelon I bought, and it was pretty ripe, but it had little flavor and no sweetness. Don't know why. Anyway, I had eaten a bit of it and left the rest in the fridge with a big chunk cut up.

So last night I get to thinking there must be some sort of Adult Beverage that would be good to use that watermelon on, googled the idea, and decided to throw some in a blender with 2 limes of juice, a tiny bit of sugar to sweeten it up a bit, and some white rum. OHWOWWASTHATGOOD!!! A beautiful pink color, nice subtle flavor of the melon and lime and the rum did not really punch through too much. Could be deadly. but a nice summer cocktail, maybe even adding a bit of fizzy water or ginger ale or something like that, some basil or mint or something too, a mojito or something.

I ended up with about a quart or more of product, put the rest in the fridge for later. I might just juice the rest and freeze it for later bevvie production.

--R