I went to drive down to Albuquerque recently before sunrise and found the
instrument cluster lights came on in the running light position of the
light switch of our '82 240D/3.0, but when I switched to the headlight
position, the instrument cluster lights went off. I fiddled with the
switch but could not make them both come on simultaneously. It was either
the instrument cluster lights or the headlights. I chose headlights. :-)

Has anyone worked with these switches? Is it possible to get it working
properly again, or do I need to look for a new one? With Dan mentioning
Rock Auto yesterday, I looked there, but they offer no headlight switch.
I have not loosed elsewhere.

Thanks,

Craig