> Meade wrote:
>
> DALLAS (Reuters) - An East Texas man was wounded after he
> fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet
> ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff
> said on Friday.

> He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three
> times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

I attacked an armadillo with a machete once.  I keep mine
rather sharp - but it just bounced off his back and he didn't
seem to notice.   However, my .22LR rifle has been successful
every time I've used it.  Seems odd that a 38 would bounce
off...  Maybe he missed the armadillo and it bounced off a
rock.