If this car has a manual transmission and good parking brake, I'd be
tempted to limp it home to troubleshoot / repair in comfort.  Every time
you apply the hydraulic brakes, you'd have to pull off and use the bleeder
valve to relieve the pressure.  Sounds like the brakes will stop the car
just fine in an emergency.

My father purchased a '65 Chrysler that would bind up the rear brakes if
you used them, we figured out that reversing a couple feet and applying the
brakes would free them so that you could drive to the next stop.  After we
limped it along like that for several hundred miles, the brakes fixed
themselves, worked just fine for the rest of the trip.  That car had "Lot
Sickness" from sitting too long without being driven.  My father's mechanic
thought there was a leather seal somewhere in that brake system that had
probably dried up from sitting, and "exercising" it had restored it.  I
don't like when a car fixes itself, especially a critical system like
brakes, but sometimes you just accept it and drive on.

Max
Charleston SC