To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Max Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] ? for the easterners

Charleston is great, wide variety of things, all budget levels. You could easily spend a week doing something different every day, but weather timing is everything. Last few winters have been pretty chilly, December January February can all have freezing temperatures at night, December is the least likely I think for freezing weather.

Beach rentals and hotels get relatively cheap then, low season, if you can avoid the holidays.

USS Yorktown, Schooner Pride evening harbor sail (best in summer, not sure they run in the winter), Drayton Hall, historic downtown self-guided walk. Those are among my favorites. Boating, beaches, civil war history. I'll bet there's some tour of The Citadel that would be cool.

Plus there's both Rich and me!

Beaufort SC is very close, and USMC Recruit Depot Paris Island has a fantastic museum, if you can get on base (military ID). Beaufort is like a mini Charleston but with more water.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC