Could be hoses, could be the caliper.

Could be the MC.  I had a rear-circuit lockup on the 190D that
turned out to be a defective MC.  I took it apart, found the little
nipple on the release valve that was too short, and filed things
so that it made more secure contact.  Never had any trouble with it
after that.  I did replace the rear brake caliper parts that were
damaged by the fire.  (The fire is what finally released the pressure
and allowed the car to be driven again.  That  was fun.)

If you don't install the MC right the pedal doesn't effectively
retract enough on release to uncover the pressure release ports
in the MC.  Mine were right on the edge, based on ambient temperature.
Sometimes they worked, but on a hot day...

-- Jim