I always try a few blows with a regular hammer, I think only once have I
gotten lucky.

This tool was about $50 or so, bought back when Rusty was in business, and
I really like it.  Position, tighten up a bit and check to make sure it's
holding, crank it down nice and snug (three or four white knuckles of
torque), hammer the end contacting the threaded portion of the joint and
the joint usually pops right out after a couple hits.

Someday when I've got some time to play (maybe today, depending on weather)
I will try making a perfect box with string around the perimeter of the
car, then measure / adjust the toe-in.  Another way would be to make two
parallel lines with string, then drive the car between and measure/adjust.
Would be so nice to have a pit or a lift for this work.

Max
Charleston SC