FTE master cylinder arrived last night about 8:30 p.m., I had half a day
off so I installed it after lunch.  Did not bench bleed it, just used the
power bleeder and pushed fresh fluid out to all four wheels.

Pedal feel is exactly like before (mushy) but it has always been mushy on
that car.  I may decide to try a different brake booster.  What causes a
mushy brake pedal other than air or bad MC?  Time for new brake hoses at
all four corners?

At first, the pedal would sink, just like with the last MC.  I drove it
around the block and stopped hard a few times, and it got better.  Doesn't
sink now, brakes do their thing just fine, no pulling.  I may get some more
brake fluid and try bleeding it some more.

I think I'll drive this car for a few days and see how it performs.
Max
Charleston SC
___

I am guessing you did not get all the air out of the master. Did you bench bleed it first? If not, it probably had air in it. Often when driving, the master will bleed the air into the reservoir, or worse, the new rubber will rip or tear or scuff and you end up with a new leaky MC.

It is handy to have a junker around to borrow old MC lines from. cut them 6-8" long and bend them so they go back into the MC. Put on short rubber hoses that go under the fluid surface. Put the MC in a vice, fill, then run the plunger to the stop and back out several times until no more air bubbles come out.

Anyhow, if the pedal is firm now, you probably have all the air out.

waytago!