I don’t know if the OBDII thing had anything do do with the facelift in 1996,
as all of the information was already there - they just weren’t making it
accessible via the OBDII standards.

We haven’t topped off from the drive back from Mobile, but should be in the
next day or two.  I’m interested to see what kind of mileage we got.  I don’t
think 25 MPG is realistic, as I drove the 1998 S420 back from St. Louis and
only got around 23 MPG.  It’s got to be better than the coupe, as it only got
around 16-17 MPG on a mixed driving cycle.

I’ll report back as soon as I know.

Dan