For the trip: We want to drive, as it will be less expensive. My son and his family will fly after they visit inlaws and outlaws

For the 4 speed shifter links: There is one bushing on the end of each of the 3 shift rods. On the other end, an ball socket. The bushings are black as opposed to the white/clear for the AT. They are different part number from the AT bushings. I have in a parts request to the CC, but no response for a week. I don't have part numbers yet.

Gerrys undeliverable messages to MBZ:
Are you flying or driving on your winter vacation?
Thanks,
Gerry
Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
 I just did a nationwide craikslist search for 240Ds... Its a LOT
 different from the last time I did that several years ago.  Used to
 be lots of 240Ds.  Tonight, only 3 cars listed within the past week.
 And some scrapper in Oregon who is advertising as a local on
 craikslist all over the country.
It's about five miles from me in Citrus County. They bought out a junk yard and built a big warehouse; maybe 75 doors. All kinds of trucks are coming and going
day and night. Acres of cars on the back lot.
I ordered a used generator. It came shrink-wrapped in opaque plastic.  When I
got home and unwrapped it, it was covered with mud, the armature was badly
grooved, and it wouldn't come up to specs when I bench tested it. My impression
is that they aren't interested in selling small parts to individuals; at least
not here.
Gerry
 Jacksonville, maybe.  They took over the remains of Atlanta Stuttgart, I
 believe.  I know hey have a location in GA.
 Dan
 On Aug 2, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Max Dillon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>