On Wednesday, February 1, 2006, at 04:29 AM, David Brodbeck wrote:

I put 20,000 miles on the
car in the last six months, so I'm going through a lot of filters.

I suppose filter quality might be a bigger concern if you're running
Mobil 1 with extended drain intervals.

I use Mann and Hengst, 1 filter per oil change at 15,000- 22,000 intervals. Running Amsoil or Mobil 1 full synthetic oil. This is the regimen I have adopted after extensive and repeated oil analysis. I drive 2,000- 5,000 per month under normal circumstances. More when traveling for my work with FEMA or my numerous vacations. I have seen many different countries of origin stamped into these filters over the years. Same goes for very many parts bought from the dealer. Stuff is produced in India, Austria, Australia, Germany, France and many more places

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am