The thing is, you can buy or rent an airplane that does airplane stuff well, and rent a car or uber at your destination, and that does ground transpo really well. Other than a curiosity I am not sure these carplanes have a lot of appeal.

I remember when I was young there was a guy in town who had one of those carplane things from maybe the early 60s?, it looked like an Isetta with folding wings. I would see it on the road occasionally headed to the airport, and later on when I worked at the airport I think it was parked in some hangar somewhere, disused, if I recall discussions about it.

--R