Well, I would imagine either the passenger or the computer could deploy the
parachute, if that is designed and built into it.  I know that some GA planes
have them, used to be a pilot in my reserve unit with one that flew up to
Charleston from Florida for drill weekends.  Supposed to be able to lower the
aircraft slow enough so that the passengers aren't injured and minor repairable
damage to the plane.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC