Coconut milk would be quite rich.  I was thinking regular milk, perhaps
with some half and half thrown in.  I also probably overblended - went past
the point when the mixture "gelled" to a solid, causing it to then relapse
to a smoothie/slushie texture.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Yes to what AS said.
>
> Try coconut milk in your next batch of ice cream.
>
> --R
>

> On 8/9/15 9:21 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
>
>> Yeah, a Cuisinart makes short work of pesto.
>>
>> Made blueberry "ice cream" from almond milk, frozen blues, sugar, vanilla,
>> and ice cubes.  Took less than a minute in the Blendtec and it was smooth
>> and surprisingly tasty (although next time I will halve the sugar). The
>> vanilla compensated for the non-dairy aspect to give the illusion of dairy
>> creaminess.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 7:52 PM, OK Don via Mercedes <
>> mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> So, we have only ever had a blender. We are now growing enough basil to
>>> make several batches of pesto. The blender does a lousy job of chopping
>>> and
>>> mixing the thick goop. The cook book calls for a food processor, but they
>>> look like a wide version of a blender, so we've never purchased one.
>>> Would
>>> a food processor work for making pesto? (I'm too old to do it the
>>> authentic
>>> way, with the mortar and pestle, now that I've done it that way once).
>>>
>>> --
>>> OK Don
>>>
>>> NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!
>>>
>>> *“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many
>>> of
>>> our people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain
>>>
>>> "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few
>>> who
>>> learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence
>>> for themselves."
>>>
>>> WILL ROGERS, *The Manly Wisdom of Will Rogers*
>>> 2013 F150, 18 mpg
>>> 2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
>>> 1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!