2 years ago, I had 5 cars stolen from storage. They were all waiting
restoration and none ran, so most likely they all were sold for scrap,
based on other things that were stolen in the robbery..

To date.. despite having clear title to each vehicle, cops have found no
junkyard that will own up to taking them in, despite a state law that
requires them to record VIN numbers and have title in hand.

Yeah.. in a perfect world..