They’re pretty retentive about selling scrap metals down here, although I can’t
vouch for how successful that is.

The issue for years were people stealing AC condensers, as they would just go
up to them, take some insulated cutters and just sever the power and
refrigerant lines and toss them in the back of a truck.

It got to the point where the major recyclers would only take AC units from
commercial AC places they had been dealing with.

Can’t address the car thing, as I haven’t dealt with those folks, but I will be
shortly.  Certainly no shortage of places that “Pay Top Dollar”  for your junk
or wrecked cars down here, that’s for sure.

Dan