I think I would be complaining to Toyota too.
Notwithstanding the fact that the vehicle is 10 years old, why would the evaporator be corroded? I had an 86 Chevy Suburban with dual air and had some trouble with the aluminum pipes under the vehicle being eaten by salt until I figured out a way to provide some protection to them but I never had any issues with the evaporator. I replaced the pipes twice at $300+ each time but it sure did not cost $3600.

RB