I was 'fraid they were gonna hafta change the transformer for an interior problem, but they obviously found a loose connection on outside and tightened it. This transform was installed only coupla months ago.

Reminds me: 'Bout 20 years ago, a new tenant moved into one of my rental houses. One of the last things I told 'im the day he moved in was, "Ya need to go to power co. and give 'em a deposit to get power turned on." Two weeks later, tenant called to report, "Stove doesn't work; oven light works, but burners don't work." I dove the 18 miles or so to the house. While working diagnosis, I went to the meter and noticed that there was no seal - just like power co. and I had left it. 'Pulled meter and noticed plastic insulating pads (installed by pwr co.) preventing connection of one leg. 'Went back inside and asked tenant, "Have ya been to power co. to get power turned on?" His answer: "No." ''Told 'im, "Well, you only have 120 volts; one leg of the power is not ON. Ya need to go to power co. to get it ON." The thief had been stealing 120-volt power for 2 weeks. I drove away and heard no more about it; 'shoulda charged 'im for my trip out there to tell 'im the second time.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Power partially out

Not uncommon. I've had it happen as well. Fortunately, other than heat or AC, you're still pretty much functional.

I had it happen in a house in Indianapolis in the dead of winter around 1:00 am. Lucky for us our gas furnace was on the leg that still worked.

I would have gone back to bed if it hadn't been for the crew that came out around 3:00 am to change out the failed pad mounted transformer in front of the house. They made such a racket with their equipment it was impossible to sleep.

Glad they came despite the noise...

Dan

Sent from my iPad